If you came along to our frog-themed sessions recently you’ll no doubt have had a feel of our gloopy, squishy frogspawn. Well now you can make your own at home with these simple instructions:
1. Buy dry tapioca (you can use any size) and some small black lentils.
2. Measure 1 cup of tapioca to approximately 2/3 cups of water and heat in a saucepan.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes until most beads are floating.
4. Using a sieve, strain off the water from the now jelly-like beads.
5. Take a handful of the small black lentils - there’s no specific amount required, just as many as you like depending on how you want it to look.
6. Add the lentils to the tapioca.
7. Mix them in and - hey presto - you have fabulous frogspawn to play with!